About by Kathryn Cooper Weddings || Unique, Beautiful, and Quirky Destination Wedding Photographer
ABOUT KATHRYN COOPER WEDDINGS—AND WHY YOUR PHOTOS WILL BE DELIGHTFULLY DIFFERENT
I capture unique, fun, and offbeat weddings and elopements all around the world. My clients lean toward the nontraditional: Quirky, joyful, and adventure-driven celebrations with photographs that make you look twice. As a photojournalist who fancies a lot of creativity mixed in with candid, moment-driven shots, my clients always say my style is unique and one-of-a-kind.
When you hire me, you get a unique combination of wedding photos:
1.) Candid shots that you wouldn't have known even happened since you were busy: Funny dance moves, loved ones seeing each other for the first time in ages, shock, laughter, and more
2.) Traditional photos of your ceremony, family and friend shots, rings, getting ready, dancing, portraits, and everything else
3.) Nontraditional as well as gorgeous traditional photos of just you and your partner, showcasing your personalities, location, and even more (using fun ideas and tools I bring following our phone, Skype, or in-person meeting). 1 hour is included with every package—or you can do up to a half-day or full-day with an adventure session! Think mountain overlooks, boat trips, ball pit fun, fire spinning, shots in the water, sand dunes...the options are endless!
- I'm New York and California based (homes on both coasts), and travel worldwide for work. I just returned in December 2019 from Spain and Morocco
- I photograph ALL couples, and work with people of every background, no matter their gender, beliefs, or lifestyle. And yes, I'll photograph your dog at your wedding, too
- I'm a scuba diving and hiking fanatic, and would love to chat about your favorite hikes around the world
- Street food in sketchy places = YES
- My colorful style is a mix of photojournalism and creative candids—and I've been photographing professionally for over 10 years
- Pets love me. Unfortunately, I have several scars to prove it.
- I've traveled to 47 countries, and have lived on several continents and in a number of states (including two islands!)
As of 2019, I've photographed elopements in helicopters, engagement sessions in the ocean, backyard ceremonies, Halloween-themed weddings, and everything in between. Cookie-cutter weddings aren't my cup of tea, so the more uniquely you, the more awesome the photos! I help you custom-plan your day and layout a timeline that works for your dream celebration.
Packages for 2020 start at $3,000 for standard wedding days, and $1,400 for small elopements. Destination weddings and multi-day celebrations are custom priced.